Friday, August 29, 2008

WISH LIST! Amazon Kindle

This is one of THE coolest gadgets ever. It's the Amazon Kindle, an electronic book reader. My uncle bought one and was away when it arrived, so I was able to sign for the package and try it out for a week before I shipped it to him. My thoughts? AMAZING! The Kindle's screen is specially designed to allow you to read in direct sunlight. You can upload music to listen to while you read, and go online for FREE nearly anywhere you get cell service. One of the best websites I found for use with the Kindle was Project Gutenberg. I was able to download Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park and other classics, and there are thousands more that are avaliable on their website(click Project Gutenberg.) I found that a couple of the buttons were inconveniently placed- I accidentally hit forward or backwards numerous times, but after a few days I was able to speed through whatever I was reading. If you're a reader, whether it's books, newspapers, blogs or email, it's worth the hefty $359 price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? I LOVE you! :)