Thursday, February 26, 2009
1 cup espresso, cooled
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup (optional)
1 cup milk
2 Ice cubes
whipped cream (optional)
1. Mix the espresso and sugar, and pour into an ice cube tray (or plastic bag, or container...Anything that will freeze the espresso in a layer or smaller amount, so that it will freeze all the way through.) Freeze overnight, or until completely frozen.
2. In a blender, put in the two ice cubes, syrup, the frozen espresso/sugar mixture, and 3/4ths cup of the milk; blend, and if you need more liquid, add the remaining 1/4th cup of milk. (I usually need more)
3. Top with whipped cream. (It wouldn't be a real recipe if I didn't add an obvious, unneeded step!)
There you go! Like I said, it's not exactly Starbucks, but it hits the spot, especially when you're low on cash. You could probably substitute the espresso for regular coffee if you wanted, but it wouldn't be as strong, and probably wouldn't taste as good. Another option would be to use flavored syrup instead of sugar- you could probably use other sweeteners as well. Enjoy!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Where have I been, (You lone reader) may ask? I love lists, and REALLY love commentary. So a commentated list I shall commence! (I also love big words. I’m a homeschooler. Can you tell?)
1. Psychology Class. I’ve been learning about people’s brains, and why some people choose to be Duke fans, for example when they KNOW that Carolina is by far the superior team.
2. Constitutional Law Class. It’s so weird to see the culture shift between what the constitution says, and how we (many times incorrectly) interpret it today.
3. American Lit Class. Huckleberry Finn. Need I say more?
4. Algebra 1 Class E(V)x E(I)x E(l) is the same as EVIL. Nah, It’s not TOO terrible, I suppose.
5. Dramadramadrama! I’ve recently re-jumped into the dizzying world of theater. Okay, I’ve dipped my toes in. But I’m still a little “dramalogged” and don’t really care to fully immerse myself again... just yet.
And that’s pretty much it. Looking back, I look pretty dang not-busy and oddly deprived... But I really DO have a full schedule. Promise!