Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The second batch of info!

Here are some other facts that you might enjoy!

There are six guys mentioned in my novel by name, four of them have a name that starts with the letter 'J'. I only recently realized this, and it was not intentional.

The official "final" scene that I wrote yesterday (the scene that put me over my 50,000 word goal) involved Chinese food, tubes of cookie dough, and the movies Pretty in Pink, starring Molly Ringwald, Breakfast at Tiffany's, with Audrey Hepburn, Sleepless in Seattle, with Meg Ryan, Vertigo, with Grace Kelley, and While You Were Sleeping, with Sandra Bullock- the scene is only about 200 words long, and is towards the beginning of the book. I actually wrote the ending of the novel, or what I think is the end of the novel, early on in the process, within the first or second week of NaNoWriMo.

My novel is comprised of two dream sequences which make absolutely no sense, a road trip to the beach, a bus ride to Washington, DC, countless emails, it mentions football more than I'm quite comfortable with, and a portion of the book is set about five miles from my house.

One of my dogs is also thrown into the novel exactly as she is, simply renamed.

Roughly 166,700 people signed up for NaNoWriMo this year, and a whopping 32,000 people won, roughly 19% of all participants, a NaNoWriMo all time high!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? I LOVE you! :)