Sunday, December 13, 2009

When the hurly-burly’s done, when the battle’s lost and won, ‘ere will be the set of sun.

[This post is long overdue, I realize. But I've been so busy lately!]

I hate to say that this has been an unnaturally good experience, because every show or production should (in my opinion) aspire to run as smoothly as this production of Macbeth has. But the facts are that we started out doing a production of Macbeth, which should doom you there and then. But instead of prickling thumbs and danger around every corner, the biggest drama was in fact not on stage, and had to do with some idiotic production students who happened to decide that they wouldn’t show up for tech rehearsal. Said students were quickly replaced, and the production proceeded smoothly. Nobody was injured that I was aware of, there was one case of swine flu, which the actor recovered from in two days- and this was still in the rehearsal stage! There were no real fights, and the entire cast got along well. I had an amazing experience, and hope to work with the same group again sometime. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? I LOVE you! :)